Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Mini Sandbox


 I found these sand toys on clearance last summer at the end of the season for super cheap. We don't have a sandbox and it's a beautiful March spring day so I decided to make one quick.

Gather:
Bin or large plastic container
Sand toys
Sand

Step One: Find some sort of large plastic container to be used as your sandbox. I used the lid from one of those large catering trays. You know the fruit and veggie, or meat and cheese trays that you get at the grocery store for events.  I do wedding coordinating on the side, and this one was leftover from last weekend. You could also use a rectangular storage bin.

Step Two: Fill with sand and toys. I bought several of these at Michael's for $.25, and the large purple shovel in the Target bargain section for $.50.  The sand was from a pile we have in our backyard left over from some relandscaping.

Step Three: Find a nice sunny place outside and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment